Sunday, March 25, 2007

Inaugural Message

Welcome all!

Welcome to my space to bark on the web. This will be the beginning of something exciting, I hope. I'm going to start out a little blurry and try to gain some focus as time goes on. Linux and Open Source is the name of this game. I'll have links to other good blogs, news on new things, and editorials shedding light on my opinions of them.

I like Linux. I like porting it to Windows even more! I boot into Linux regularly, but I use Windows more. Some are offended by that; that's okay. I'm not the only one who wants this kind of functionality. We have GNUWin32, CygWin, unixutils, VMWare Player, Qemu, Bochs, and XMing to prove it. Linux is faster, more reliable (for some things), scales better, is more secure, and we have the sources. But, Windows dominates the desktop. Denying that doesn't change the reality of it. As much as OpenOffice.org claims, it is NOT totally compatible with Microsoft Office. Games (which occupy quite a bit of my computing time) do not run as well on Linux. GAIM sucks as an IM. It is getting better, but I want Miranda to have a Linux port.

One day, Linux will match Windows and run all of it's software. I cannot wait until that day. Until then, I'm going to pimp all the interconnectivity and interoperability of the two - for the others out there like me. The ones who can't drop one for the other.

More to come. Let me know if you have anything great that I have missed as we go along.

Regards,
Xiz

No comments: